Chestnut Grove Academy
45 Chestnut Grove
Balham, London SW12 8JZ

  • parent-pay-logo

Children without a school place

If you have recently moved into the area and require a school place for your child you will need to complete your Local Authority’s application form for in-year admission. Parents and carers should contact the Pupil Services/Admissions section to find out the availability of places in the schools in Wandsworth, and to obtain a Secondary School application form.

Children who already have a school place

If your child already has a school place in the area, but you want them to transfer to a different school, you should discuss this with the Headteacher of your current school before making an application. Problems at school can often be sorted out without the need to change schools.

If a change of school is necessary you will then need to request a transfer form from your Local Authority. The move should take place at the beginning of a term or half term, wherever possible. Parents and carers may not legally withdraw their child from school unless they have arranged a place in another school or made alternative arrangements for their child to receive full-time education.

How to contact your Local Authority

Wandsworth Pupil Services
Children's Services Department Reception
4th Floor Town Hall Extension
Wandsworth High Street
SW18 2PU

Telephone: 020 8871 7316 

Lambeth Admissions
Brixton Customer Centre
Olive Morris House
18 Brixton Hill
London SW2 1RL

Telephone: 020 7926 9503

Croydon School Admissions
School Admissions,
Education Department,
Taberner House,
Park Lane,
Croydon CR9 1TP.

Telephone: 020 8726 6400

For more information, once your child has been offered a place at Chestnut Grove Academy, please see our In Year Admissions Parent Information Induction Booklet.